Governor’s 3/23 Executive Order and Real Estate
Governor Hogan’s just-issued Executive Order closing non-essential business at 5 PM today. Notably, all commercial and residential construction activities are, for now, considered essential and therefore are not affected.
For our industry, these business may remain open:
Commercial Facilities Sector:
- Building and property maintenance companies, including without limitation plumbers, electricians, HVAC service companies, roofers, environmental services companies, exterminators, arborists, and landscapers.
- Companies that sell supplies and materials for maintenance of commercial and residential buildings, including “big box” home improvement supply stores, plumbing distributors, electrical distributors, and HVAC distributors.
- Commercial and residential construction companies.
- Earth-moving, mining, agricultural, and construction equipment.
- Parts for water, electric, and telecommunications utility infrastructure.
- Engines, motors, turbines, generators, and power transmission equipment.
- Companies engaged in electricity production (excluding hydroelectric and nuclear, which are included in other sectors).
- Companies engaged in the production, refining, storage, transportation, distribution, and sale of oil, gas, and propane products, including gas stations and truck stops.
- Companies that provide utility maintenance services.