Press Release: MCCEI Presents: Pathway Awards
Media Contact: Matthew Pyne, MCCEI
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
The Maryland Center for Construction Education and Innovation (MCCEI) is excited to announce the first ever awards ceremony focusing solely on the future of the built environment industry – the Pathway Awards.
The built environment has a skilled labor shortage and an overall manpower problem – a fact that is well known within the industry. Companies are competing for talent from the same small labor pool. The skilled trades are in an even more precarious position – for every new skilled tradesperson who enters the workforce, four retire.
MCCEI was founded to help combat this problem and to promote the variety of career opportunities there are in the industry. This work requires the efforts of the entire industry – and many firms and organizations have risen to the challenge.
The Pathway Awards will recognize all the people, companies, and partners in the AEC industry who embody the values of MCCEI and who have championed workforce development initiatives in the built environment in the past year. As the center between the industry, government and education system, MCCEI will be highlighting the efforts in all three sectors.
Categories for nomination include:
- Built Environment Hero Award: a person in the built environment industry who embodies the values of MCCEI and who has championed workforce development initiatives in the built environment.
- Champion of Workforce Development Award: an organization for an initiative, program, or other support they have implemented that align with the mission of MCCEI.
- Community Partner of the Year Award: a nonprofit or community partner organization for an initiative, program, or other support they have implemented that align with the mission of MCCEI.
- Government Partner Award: a person in the public sector who embodies the values of MCCEI and who has championed workforce development initiatives in the built environment in the State of Maryland.
- MCCEI Educator of the Year: a teacher, guidance counselor, professor, administrator or instructor who goes above and beyond to inspire the future workforce in the State of Maryland
- MCCEI Future Builder of the Year: a student, apprentice, or trainee who exemplifies the best of the built environment.
Nominations are free and close on March 31. MCCEI hopes that by highlighting the amazing work being done, that others will join the fight. Nomination forms can be found online at www.mccei.org/pathway-awards
Finalists will be celebrated at MCCEI’s virtual awards ceremony on June 8. In addition to presenting the winners, MCCEI will award four scholarships to students studying and training for careers in the built environment. Scholarship applications can be found online at www.mccei.org/scholarships. The event’s keynote speaker is Kayleen McCabe, of the DIY Network’s Rescue Renovation, who is also an ardent advocate of trade careers and education.
MCCEI’s mission is to develop, promote, and connect career opportunities in the built environment. MCCEI is an independent and trusted adviser and resource for industry, education, and government. Together, we will make careers in the built environment a first-choice option.
For more about MCCEI, visit www.mccei.org