Company Name Frederick Community College
Contact Name Daniel West
Contact Title Talent Management Coordinator
Contact Phone Number 2407079814
Contact Email Dwest@frederick.edu
- Show these details on job board? Yes
Candidate Qualifications Associate’s Degree
The adjunct Construction Management Faculty in the Computing and Business Technology Department work as members of an instructional team of full- and part-time colleagues to consistently deliver high quality instruction to students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the functions essential to performing this job:
1. Teach core introductory and general education courses in Construction Management.
2. Facilitate student mastery of core learning outcomes using the most relevant and scholarly tools available.
3. Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
4. Actively engage students in critical thinking, meta-cognitive processes and advancement of critical communication skills.
5. Model and cultivate open-minded inquiry, an appreciation for diverse perspectives, and creative problem-solving.
6. Provide service to the College and community to support and to enhance the College mission.
7. Serve on committees and participate in department meetings.
8. Maintain currency in academic discipline and pedagogy by actively participating in professional organizations at the state, regional, and national levels and by engaging in other professional development opportunities.
9. Appreciate and articulate the value of a strong general education program and uses that framework to mentor adjunct faculty members and students.
10. Uphold and contribute to the achievement of the Frederick Community College Strategic Plan.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
1. An Associate’s degree or certification in Construction Management, or related Computer Aided Design field.
2. Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge in the latest trends within the Construction industry
3. The ability to interpret, evaluate and teach both theory based and hands on concepts
4. Two years of college teaching experience to include but is not limited to commercial and residential construction, blueprint reading, construction management and general construction.
1. Certification in any related Computer Aided Design/Construction area or skill.
2. Ability to use varying styles and approaches that reflect an understanding and acceptance of the role of culture in a diverse, multi-cultural workplace
Note: The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time