Company Name Century Engineering
Contact Name Dayle Segal
Contact Title HR
Contact Phone Number 5555555555
Contact Email Dsegal@centuryeng.com
- Show these details on job board? No
Candidate Qualifications Diploma
Century Engineering – Anne Arundel County
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering, Inc. is seeking a responsible candidate for construction management / inspection services working under the guidance of an experienced program manager in Anne Arundel County. The successful candidate will become part of a team to evaluate, develop, coordinate and manage multi-year programs to maintain the County’s roadways and related infrastructure.
- Perform program management tasks to investigate, evaluate, scope, prioritize, schedule, coordinate repairs, as well as ensure quality of materials and construction for pavements, sidewalk, curb and gutter and guardrail within the County’s right of way ranging from complete roadway reconstruction to isolated localized repairs
- Manage customer outreach efforts related to programmed work
- Administration of multiple tasks in an organized fashion and prioritizing deadlines
- Minimum of eight years of experience in construction contract management and inspection in Public Works and/or Highway industry
- Minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory capacity
- High School Diploma Required
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM), PE License or a Degree or Certificate in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field a plus
- Experience administering construction contracts is required
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent customer service skills, either in-person, via telephone or via email, including experience dealing with all levels of customers, including private citizens, community leaders and elected officials
- Strong computer skills, including e-mail and formal correspondence as well as good file management practices
- Knowledge of transportation construction including pavement maintenance and rehabilitation, sidewalks and curb and gutter; as well as knowledge of guardrail construction policies and practices
- Knowledge of ADA construction policies and procedures as it relates to the highway industry
- Knowledge of construction materials (concrete, soil, hot mix asphalt, aggregates)
- Exercise a certain degree of independent thought and judgment
- Availability to work during either daytime or nighttime shifts, including weekends and holidays as necessary
- Current/valid State Driver’s License REQUIRED with acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.