Company Name DLR Group
Contact Name Matthew Pyne
Contact Title Senior Communications Coordinator
Contact Phone Number 7173329529
Contact Email Mpyne@mccei.org
- Show these details on job board? No
Candidate Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
DLR Group is an integrated design firm that aspires to be the most creative enterprise on the planet. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. If that challenge is appealing, you’re at the right place.
DLR Group’s Cultural and Performing Arts Studio is seeking a Client Leader.
Location: Washington, D.C.
As a Cultural and Performing Arts Client Leader at DLR Group you will be responsible for the pursuit and management of projects while delivering design excellence. As part of our integrated design teams, you will create projects that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative thinker and manager with a strategic mindset and passion for the arts, this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
You’ll provide hands-on leadership in the continuing success of the Cultural and Performing Arts team. This includes management of architectural, engineering, and design staff during all project phases as well as business development strategy to secure new work.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to manage complex cultural and performing arts projects (museums, performing arts centers, amphitheaters, etc.) of a variety of scales.
- Provide thought leadership within the firm as well as with clients and the arts industry.
- Establish and achieve annual business goals, strategies, and tactics in collaboration with the Global Sector Leader and Regional Leader.
- Contribute to proposal development, including establishing fees, developing scopes of work, establishing project teams, work plans, schedules, and contracts – kicking off projects for success.
- Serve as primary liaison contact with clients to bring projects to completion on schedule, within budget, and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Be responsible for the coordination of project efforts, administrative and technical, to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Work closely with Business Development Leader and colleagues to nurture client relationships, develop new business, and secure new clients.
- Attend industry events, business development events, interviews, and client meetings with colleagues as required.
- Provide oversight, monitoring, and mentoring of less experienced staff.
- At least ten (10) years of experience leading and working on cultural and/or performing arts projects.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in a cross-disciplinary team atmosphere and across multiple offices.
- Collaborative management style while being organized and deadline driven.
- Demonstrated aptitude for adopting firm’s technology and protocols.
- Willing to travel as projects or tasks require.
- Licensed Architect.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, minimum, from an accredited program.
- Knowledge and use of Revit.
- Active participation in arts organizations and boards, AIA, NOMA, or related volunteer experience.
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new construction, renovation, and adaptive reuse. Our promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group is 100 percent employee-owned and fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.