Company Name Willow Construction
Contact Name Joe Buckley
Contact Title Business Development Manger
Contact Phone Number 4108226000
Contact Email Jbuckley@willowconstruction.com
- Show these details on job board? Yes
Candidate Qualifications Journeyman
A Willow Construction Project Superintendent has responsibility for maintaining day-to-day operations of commercial, industrial, and mixed-use residential construction projects per Vice President and Project Managers Direction. Superintendent will supervise, monitor and evaluate all on-site day to day operations to ensure projects are delivered according to specified schedules, design documents, and achieve the clients’ overall satisfaction goals. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Ensure all work is completed in compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Maintain and update the current set of working drawings and specifications on-site including posting RFI’s and other approved changes to project drawings.
- Write and request RFI’s.
- Work with the project team to identify and resolve project challenges.
- Keep project daily logs.
- Monitor the project progress in accordance with the project schedule and takes actions to avoid or make up project delays.
- Propose schedule management ideas to the Project Manager to make sure the job is completed on or ahead of schedule.
- Coordinate and manage subcontractors and vendors on site.
- Coordinate field labor schedules.
- Use a computer to correspond with Project Managers, administrative staff, and others via email and other various systems.
- Facilitate and attend meetings that are relevant to the successful completion of the job (e.g., progress meetings, zoning meetings, or MOSH/OSHA).
- Analyze material needs and purchase any necessary job site supplies.
- Teach and monitor job site safety procedures to ensure that all people on the job site are following proper safety requirements.
- Oversee the completion of punch lists.
- Manage the inspection process and work to secure a Certificate of Occupancy at the end of the project.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 Years of commercial construction experience required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of building construction processes and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of primary and specialty trade services performed on GC project.
- OSHA 30 and CPR/First Aid certified.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and stay organized.
- Ability to communicate with others outside the organization and represent the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources.
- Ability to provide accurate information to supervisors, coworkers, and clients in a timely manner.