Company Name LS Systems
Contact Name Maria Anleu
Contact Title HR Assistant
Contact Phone Number 410552177773
Contact Email Manleu@lssmd.com
- Show these details on job board? Yes
Candidate Qualifications Certificate
The primary responsibility of this position is to produce fire alarm, electronic security, communications, and nurse call technologies shop drawings, floor plans, annunciator layouts, system riser diagrams, control unit diagrams, typical wiring diagrams, and system calculations utilizing PC based computer aided design systems (AutoCAD). Additional responsibilities include preparation of submittal packages and system completion documentation.
- Prepare complete fire alarm system designs through coordination with Electrical, Sprinkler, and Mechanical contractors.
- Prepare complete electronic security, communications, and nurse call technologies designs.
- Coordinate with project manager and sales team to ensure accurate and timely submittal packages.
- Utilize computer based programs (Microsoft Excel) to prepare voltage drop, battery, and amplifier calculations
- Familiar with Maryland, D.C., VA state and local codes
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of current product technologies
- Prepare complete and accurate As-Built drawings utilizing technician’s field notes
The successful candidate will have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills. Must be independent and self-motivated with a solid history of decision making, taking accountability, demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles to success. Must be capable of taking on a task with minimal instruction and exceeding expectations with strong follow up skills and attention to detail. Must be flexible and adaptable to a fast paced environment and changing priorities.
- Minimum 2+ Years Computer Aided Design experience.
- Proficiency using AutoCAD V2010 or higher
- Able to work with construction drawings.
- Understanding of the standard design symbols common to the industry.
- NICET Certification preferred (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Professional and Ethical conduct at all times
- Critical and analytical problem solving
- An ability to work independently
- Team Player
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with other people within the company as well as customers
- Great customer service skills
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Must have a positive attitude, ability to learn quickly, and able to work under pressure
- Demonstrate and uphold all of LS Systems Core Values, which include integrity, technical excellence, customer loyalty, accountability, leadership and teamwork.
Work Authorization/Background Check
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- LS Systems is a drug and alcohol free workplace. Successful candidates will be provided a conditional offer of employment pending the successful completion of a drug test and background check.