Company Name MCCEI
Contact Name Matthew Pyne
Contact Title Mayor's Office Of Employment
Contact Phone Number 4107045981
Contact Email Mpyne@mccei.org
- Show these details on job board? Yes
Candidate Qualifications None
We are now hiring for General Laborers with a real passion for working with their hands to chip in at clients’ jobsites. General Laborers can be found on almost all sites, performing a wide range of tasks from very easy to hazardous. They are at building, highway, and heavy construction sites; residential and commercial sites; tunnel and shaft excavations; and demolition sites. Many of the jobs they perform are physically strenuous and may require special training or experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly.
The job duties of a General Laborer vary, sometimes even day-to-day at the same site. They may include cleaning and preparing a jobsite, loading and delivering materials; using different tools and machines, such as blowtorches; driving forklifts; reading levels; operating lifts; and manning power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment. Laborers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures. They help carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors.
Laborers and helpers work in all fields of construction, commercial jobs, and other businesses, and the demand for these workers should mirror the level of overall activity. We would love to add more General Laborers like you.
- Moving, securing, installing, building, loading, or unloading materials.
- Assisting in the building or construction of various things.
- Some specialized tasks may require on-the job training.
- Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment.
- Moving items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor.
- Moving dirt or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
- There is no minimal educational requirement, but specialized training can help laborers advance.
- Experience on commercial construction sites.
- Verifiable work history that shows professional skills and experience.
- Strong work ethic.
- Some assignments have additional screening requirements, such as background checks and/or drug tests.
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work. Apply to join us today.