Company Name Mayor's Office Of Employment
Contact Name Alana Theard
Contact Title HR Coordinator
Contact Phone Number 4103963100
Contact Email Atheard@oedworks.com
- Show these details on job board? Yes
Candidate Qualifications None
Category: Environmental Services/Facilities/Engineering
Job Requisition: 28405
Department: Facil Mgt-Plant Oper
Geographic Region: Greater Baltimore
Facility: MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Night/Weekend shifts with on-call duties
Hours per Week: 40.00
Location: Baltimore, MD
Keep Me In Mind
+ADD TO CART
FULL-TIME, VARYING SHIFTS WITH SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS, BENEFITS INCLUDED!
Performs a variety of general and preventative maintenance on hospital facilities and equipment as well as some related new construction and renovation work.
High school graduation or equivalent; completion of acceptable training or demonstrated competency in HVAC maintenance and installation and calibration of pneumatic thermostats and receiver/controllers.
3 years experience in building maintenance or operations including electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and pipefitting.
CFC certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Basic math skills, including fractions. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
2. Diagnoses, repairs, and installs using blueprints, codes, specifications, and other industry standards.
3. Directs multi-craft teams of mechanics, carpenters, and occasionally contractors in the completion of significant mechanical/electrical maintenance, renovation, and new equipment installation projects in accordance with work orders and design specifications.
4. Ensures that time and material records of self and others within assigned team are complete, accurate, and submitted to the supervisor/coordinator at the end of each shift.
5. Maintains on hand at all times the necessary tools to perform required maintenance work.
6. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts as required, and service improvement teams.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
8. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems and related electrical controls, pneumatic control systems, and piping systems.
9. Trains and develops lesser skilled personnel through the conduct of small group training sessions and on-the-job practice.
10. Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions and failures, determines necessary repairs to equipment, and initiates work orders.
11. Works from blueprints, schematic diagrams, and sketches when performing projects and detailed work. Uses basic mathematics and estimates work requirements when necessary.