Company Name Century Engineering
Contact Name Dayle Segal
Contact Title HR
Contact Phone Number 5555555555
Contact Email Dsegal@centuryeng.com
- Show these details on job board? No
Candidate Qualifications Diploma
Century Engineering Hunt Valley, MD Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented Project Engineers and Construction Inspectors to oversee and support the construction of roadway and bridge related transportation projects for the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT). Although these positions will report to management within our Hunt Valley, MD office location, anticipated work assignments will be in Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Caroline and Talbot Counties in Maryland. As a member of our construction management team, inspectors are required to perform a variety of technical and administrative functions. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) for transportation construction projects
- Identify and document construction and/or QC deficiencies from applicable contract/standard specifications by analyzing applicable codes, standards and project contract documents
- Read and interpret construction plans for structures, bridges and roadways with an understanding of construction specifications, engineering tables and reference materials
- Monitor construction activities to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Perform materials testing for soils and aggregates, concrete and hot-mix asphalt
- Assist in review and respond to contractor RFIs
- Travel to various work sites
- Exercise a certain degree of independent thought and judgment
- Minimum 3 years’ heavy highway construction experience, specifically knowledge of bridge, structure and roadway construction methods and materials
- Familiarity and experience with MDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Standards, Construction Manual and MUTCD
- Required Certifications include: OSHA 10-hour Construction Safety, ACI Field Level I or MARTCP Concrete, MARTCP Soils and Aggregates Compaction, MARTCP HMA Field, MARTCP Pavement Markings, MDOT Flagger and/or Traffic Manager certification, and MDE Responsible Personnel Certification and MDOT Yellow Card Certification for Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection
- Other certifications a plus: MDOT Core Training, NICET (NICET II, III or IV certification in Heavy Highway preferred), Fall protection and Confined Space Training, Guardrail Installation, Nuclear Safety & Transportation, SSPC C-3, NACE, NECEPT, Material Testing Certifications recognized in states other than Maryland
- Knowledge of construction materials (steel, concrete, soil, hot mix asphalt, aggregate, etc.)
- Understanding of principles and techniques for surveying
- Ability to apply basic math skills including record linear measurements and computing volume and area for basic geometric shapes (triangle, square, rectangle, trapezoid, cylinder, circle), density, weight, etc.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently
- Familiarity with/use of PC-based computer systems and/or tablet systems
- Current/valid State Driver’s License REQUIRED with acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Availability to work during either daytime or nighttime shifts, including weekends and holidays as necessary
No relocation assistance available for this position. Local residency or ability to relocate at your own expense is required.
If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.