Company Name JMT
Contact Name Kara Winnard
Contact Title Recruiter
Contact Phone Number 443 662 4011
Contact Email Kwinnard@jmt.com
- Show these details on job board? No
Candidate Qualifications Diploma
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,800 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #60 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
Position summary: Applies standard inspection procedures to ongoing activities during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to plans, specifications and codes.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Review and interpret plans, site layouts, specifications and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations
- Measure dimensions and verify ongoing and completed work to ensure compliance to plans and codes.
- Coordinate and supervise project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance of plans, contract documents, specifications and standards
- Work on behalf of the Client to draft project correspondence, facilitate project meetings, and resolve construction related field issues
- Gathers and maintains record documents
- Makes field notes and computations
- Interact with the general public, government agencies, contractors, sub-contractors, and other internal and external parties to respond to inquiries
Nonessential functions and responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong Computer proficiency
- Active driver’s license
- Ability to act in an Owner’s Agent/Responsible in Charge role.
- High school diploma or equivalent (may be substituted for experience)
- 10+ years of Mechanical Inspection Experience at a medium to large commercial airport or large industrial facility.
- Client requested certifications
- One of the below minimum credentials
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Master Mechanical (HVACR) License
- International Code Council (ICC) Certification in Relevant Mechanical field(s).
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Building Relationships and Teamwork
- Client Focus
- Job Proficiency
- Quality Service
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States