Company Name Southway Builders
Contact Name Human Resources
Contact Title Recruiter
Contact Phone Number 14108977286
Contact Email Careers@southwaybuilders.com
- Show these details on job board? Yes
Candidate Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Why work with Southway Builders, Inc.
As a regional construction management company, we don’t just build buildings, we also build communities and most importantly, PEOPLE. While we continue to grow in size and expertise, our foundational values of quality, dependability and integrity have remained steadfast as the cornerstones of our business.
Southway is people-focused organization – we know our success is dependent on the people we hire and the teams we create. One way we demonstrate this commitment is through our recruiting process. We believe it’s important to learn about the whole person – their personality, motivators, job-related behaviors, etc. – not just technical abilities. A standardized assessment, known as the CMA Assessment, is part of our recruiting process. This step helps us to understand the unique value each person brings to our team at Southway.
Our passion for construction, coupled with our collaborative team-oriented approach, sets us apart in attracting and retaining clients. The solid reputation we have built affords us continued growth, allowing us to offer a dynamic work environment that attracts new team members who are seeking opportunities for personal development and career growth. We offer on the job learning and mentoring through a diverse portfolio of challenging projects including adaptive reuse, historic preservation, renovations, and new construction.
If you share our values of quality, dependability and integrity, and you are humble, hungry and smart, come join us under the Southway Tent! Southway Builders is actively recruiting for a Preconstruction/Estimator Project Manager who will be responsible for preconstruction activities for commercial and multi-family projects, including developing preliminary budgets, value management, preconstruction schedules, procurement plan, prequalification of subcontractors, detailed take-off and estimating, definition of bid package scopes, the subcontractor/supplier bidding process, evaluation of bids, presentation of detailed estimates of the work, and evaluation of alternatives and comparative studies.
- Responsible for accurate estimates. Reviews drawings, specifications and all other construction documents and communicates with others involved in the project of construction related problems, completeness of information, and potential risks.
- Responsible for the preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction estimates during preconstruction.
- Monitors design development cost trends to detect over-runs and potential problem areas.
- Participates in the value management process.
- Supports Business Development in proposal presentations; aids in building client and Architect/Engineer relationships.
- Maintains current and accurate estimating records, studies, unit prices, etc.
- Assists in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals and in preparation of subcontracts.
- Responsible for leading/managing Preconstruction Project Engineer(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of estimating experience. Multi-family project experience required.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices.
- Conceptual ability to work with minimum information and quickly develops an understanding of the Owner and/or Architect requirements.
- Demonstrate imaginative, innovative, and succinct approach to a project.
- Excellent oral and written skills required.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs. Knowledge of estimating software, On-Screen Take-off, Prolog Manager and CPM scheduling (including software such as Microsoft Project, SureTrak, or Primavera) desirable.
- Must be able to successfully meet the requirements of a pre-employment selection assessment (CMA Assessment), and background check.