Company Name Century Engineering
Contact Name Dayle Segal
Contact Title HR
Contact Phone Number (443) 589 2400
Contact Email Dsegal@centuryeng.com
- Show these details on job board? No
Candidate Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Century Engineering – Hunt Valley, MD Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering has an immediate opening for a structural engineer to work in our Buildings/Structures Division. We are looking for a motivated individual interested in structural facility designs for new construction, renovations, and adaptive reuse of existing buildings. The typical services provided within this division include steel, concrete, masonry & wood design, preparation of plans & specifications, and bidding and construction support. Under the supervision of a licensed engineer, this role will be responsible for completing structural analyses and design assignments for commercial, retail, educational, and government clients.
- Perform structural analysis of various building systems comprised of structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and wood for both gravity and lateral loads
- Coordinate structural design details with architectural and MEP designs
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s, and perform site visits during the construction phase
- Use computer-assisted engineering design software/and Revit Modeling Software to prepare engineering and design documents for bidding and construction
- Work independently on small projects or assist senior level engineers on larger projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) from ABET accredited engineering program required. Master’s degree, a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience required in the structural engineering field
- EIT Certification required
- Must be highly skilled using general structural analysis software and Revit Modeling Software. Knowledge in the use of RISA is desired
- Experience in the design of wood structures is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary
- Local residency or ability to relocate at your own expense.
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.