Company Name Barton Malow Builders
Contact Name Jeremiah Hovis
Contact Title HR Manager
Contact Phone Number 4343273018
Contact Email Jeremiah.email@example.com
- Show these details on job board? No
Candidate Qualifications Certificate
Company: Barton Malow Builders
Job Location: Towson, MD
REQ ID: 7827
As part of the Barton Malow Family of Companies, Barton Malow Builders focuses on building commercial and institutional projects using innovative construction practices and resources across its 15 North American offices. Market specialties include healthcare, commercial, K12, higher education, sports, and entertainment.
The Superintendent manages fairly complex stand-alone projects from start to finish. This position manages day-to-day operations at the jobsite unaided, receiving guidance/counsel on complex issues. The Superintendent supervises and coordinates various contractors to ensure their contracts are fulfilled on schedule, in accordance with plans and specifications, which ensuring a quality product for the owner. The Superintendent oversees the construction effort to ensure the project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget and schedule, directly supervises the field labor force, manages the owner and subcontractor relationships and is responsible for directing and mentoring onsite staff.
- Enforce corporate safety policies on jobsite, providing key responsibility for safety compliance in the field
- Implement proactive pre-task safety planning for all work activities
- Complete Project Daily Reports using Electronic Software
- Supervise, coordinate, and sequence contractors’ work
- Monitor performance and coordinate work to maintain productivity of trades, ensuring adequate manpower for work in place
- Develop and maintain complete and detailed project schedule and manage work in accordance with the schedule.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and schedule work including 3 week lookahead schedules and Push/Pull Planning.
- Coordinate and track material deliveries
- Develop and maintain strong trade contractor relationships
- Maintain and update site logistics plans for entire project to maximize productivity
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility by enforcing contract requirements and limiting field changes
- Communicate effectively with the Project Manager, Client, Design Team, and other constituencies
- Communicates with Owner regarding any Campus Impacts resulting from Construction Activities
- Effective timely resolution of conflicts and disputes to minimize delays and claims
- Minimum 8 years experience in the construction industry on complex projects greater than $20 Million
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervision of projects including trades
- Healthcare market project experience required
- Local experience and contractor knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills to resolve field issues with subcontractor, design team and/or owner
- OSHA 30