Are you a student currently enrolled or planning to enroll in built environment-related coursework? MCCEI is giving away four $1,000 scholarship for the upcoming school year. For more, APPLY below.
• Applicant must be a high school senior planning to enroll in or college student currently enrolled in a built environment-related degree program at a school, or apprentice/trainee in built environment-related training program which is approved by the Bureau of Apprenticeship Training, community college, technical school or equivalent in the state of Maryland. Applicant must have at least one term remaining in a course of study leading to a degree or an associate degree in a construction-related field.
• Applicant must desire a career in a built-environment-related field. These careers include but are not limited to architecture, engineering, construction management and any of the related skilled trades.
• To be considered, the Application and all attachments must be complete and received by April 30 for the next following academic year. If your school only mails transcripts, please mail to: MCCEI at 7400 York Rd., Suite 313, Towson, MD 21204. Official sealed transcripts must also be received no later than April 30. THIS DEADLINE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED.
Applicant is responsible for ensuring that all items listed below are received by April 30:
A. Completed and signed Application Form.
B. Official Transcript of grades for three most recent semesters. It is preferred to have official transcripts emailed from the institution and they must be received by April 30. If your school only mails transcripts, please mail to: MCCEI at 7400 York Rd., Suite 313, Towson, MD 21204. Not applicable to those currently enrolled in a training/apprenticeship program.
C. Financial Need (one page limit).
D. Extracurricular Activities listing (one page limit).
E. Employment History listing (one page limit).
F. Essay Questions (one page limit).
• Scholarships are not automatically renewed. Students will be considered for subsequent awards if they provide evidence of continued need, continued interest in built environment, and continued enrollment and good standing in a college program leading to a degree or associate degree in a construction-related field, or an apprenticeship/trades program related to the construction industry.
• Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by the MCCEI Scholarship Awards Committee. They will consider applicant’s interest in the built environment, grades, extracurricular activities, employment experience and financial need. All applicants will be notified of their status after the Awards Committee meeting no later than May 15.
• Applicants selected may be subject to a personal interview with a representative of the MCCEI Scholarship Awards Committee.
• Proof of matriculation for the next school term, and other information as designated by MCCEI, must be received by July 15.
• Checks will be sent directly to the school no later than August preceding the school year.