Company Name Shapiro & Duncan, Inc.
Contact Name Megan Churchey
Contact Title Staffing Coordinator
Contact Phone Number 2407782134
Contact Email Mchurchey@shapiroandduncan.com
- Show these details on job board? Yes
Candidate Qualifications Journeyman
JOB SUMMARY: The HVAC Service Technician role is to provide technical support for other service technicians, as well as providing services required by the customer and managing staff to accomplish tasks. This position requires a mixture of service, and sales.
- Able to work Monday-Friday with occasional overtime during afternoons, evenings and weekends as needed. Hours may involve start times as early as 5:00 a.m. NOTE: Specific project requirements that may require afternoon or evening/night shifts.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in the HVAC trade as commercial service technician.
- High school diploma/GED (experience may be substituted for education) & completion of an HVAC Apprenticeship Program and appropriate state licensure (current Journeyman or Master’s License)
- Competent at diagnosing refrigeration systems, air distribution systems and equipment controls.
- Computer literate (Windows and Microsoft Office), and able to quickly adapt to new and different HVAC interface software.
- Interface effectively, ethically and professionally with all levels of staff: internal and external executives/managers, internal and external professionals, owners and their staff, line employees, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
- Communicate effectively in English (aural, verbal, and written).
- Possess current, valid driver’s license (not under suspension or limitation).
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, crawl, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, climb (stairs & ladders), grip tools, etc.
- Able to withstand temperature extremes and exposure to elements (rain, snow, etc) and exposure to dust, fumes, heights, confined spaces.
- Listen the customer’s concerns and evaluate possible solutions based on their needs.
- Diagnose and repair problems accurately and timely.
- Explain to the customer any deficiencies and suggested repairs.
- Price-out repairs of $2,000 or less OR repairs that requires less than a day’s labor & price repairs at the service location before leaving (done from company vehicle and not in the presence of the customer).
- Perform service, repairs and maintenance in a timely manner.
- Make efficient use of materials, parts, supplies and company tools.
- Provide technical assistance to our Technicians and Apprentices in a positive manner, including providing training and development.
- Maintain the minimum suggested personal tools list and all company provided tools.
- Maintain work vehicle in neat, clean manner consistent with standards (oil changes, and other required services).
- Maintains proactive approach to provide and implement recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Recognize employees for strong performance, and coach when performance does not meet departmental/company standards.
- Assist in evaluating the service department’s work load and manage workforce to expedite field production and maximize efficiency.